The name 2M was selected among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and to remember, and therefore an alpha numerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon?s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- An improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
- Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile
- 2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz -
- Channel separation at 1 kHz -
- Channel separation at 15 kHz -
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz: + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 65 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 300 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Grey
- Cartridge weight without screws: 7,2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M 78
- Stylus protection guard: 2M 78
Maksaminen & Turvallisuus
Kaikki maksut käsitellään salattuina. Meillä ei ole pääsyä maksutietoihin.